Sunday, 28 July 2013

All things Emma

So, I am a wee bit obsessed with anything to do with my name, and having just discovered that there is a lake, in New Zealand, with my name(!) I thought I would do a post about all of the things I love that are Emma related.
1. First is, of course, the book Emma by Jane Austen. I have not yet read it, as I find books written in this style hard to read, but I am determined to one day do so. (Interesting fact: the inspiration for my name came from this book, mum was reading it around the time I was born!)
2. The film adaptions of the above book. I love both versions equally, I cannot pick one over the other!
3. Lake Emma, Canterbury. Having just discovered this I am now very keen to go there!!! There is a tramping hut there, and it would be such a fun thing to do with a bunch of friends. It looks stunning!
4. My teddy bear that I got when I was little. It is really just one of those teddies that you can get for most names, but it was made in New Zealand (by Robin Rive) and it has such a sweet little dress, arms and legs that move and even a little certificate!

5. Emma Watson! I always wanted to be like Hermione when I was little, intelligent and pretty with great friends (and of course a witch!). When I found out that the actor was also called Emma it was like it was meant to be. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Sprinkle of Glitter and I am in the south island too, well Dunedin to be exact, and I blog too :) It's super hard trying to find other bloggers here so I was super stoked to see yours! I am trying to read Emma by Jane Austen now and it is quite hard, I can only read a few pages before my mind starts to wander around.

    See ya round,

    Hayleigh x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always trying to find New Zealand bloggers too!! It's so cool to find another south islander, you're the first I've seen! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the name Emma! And I love Jane Austen! Don't worry, I think it's hard for everyone at first, but it gets easier. I also recommend reading Pride and Prejudice, it's my favorite by her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, I do love the movie of pride and prejudice, so it is definitely on my to read list :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...