Sunday, 18 August 2013

Just know you're not alone...

I realised today that we can feel more than one thing, and that the second feeling doesn't make the first any less true. That just because you are sad about something, doesn't mean you can't laugh. That if you are feeling sad about something, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to mope around the whole day, not talking to your friends and generally being miserable. One emotion that you might have does not have to affect your every move.
It is okay to feel happy and sad and lost and calm at the same time. In fact, it is pretty normal to have more than one emotion. 
You can love someone and be annoyed at them at the same time. You can mask your sadness with happiness until you are happy, and there is no need to feel guilty about not being sad anymore, because life goes on. We move forward, and change, and feel, oh how we feel, so much, so very very much, and, it is all reasonable and normal. 


And above all, remember. 

There is someone out there feeling just as mixed up as you are, a twister of emotions, so you are not alone.
ps. sorry for the massive writing again, I just can't figure it out!

8 comments:

  1. I like your writing :) You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I love to write, so I'm glad it is enjoyable to read :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for emailing me, that was so sweet! You're right, I didn't get the notification :( I like your writing too, and I like that you like Spring time as well, we have blossom at our house, it is so pretty! Hope you aren't effected by the quakes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most recent ones weren't too bad where I am, although they were a bit of a shock! Spring time is lovely, blossom trees are one of my favourite parts!! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post. You are very right in everything you said. One thing that helped me was realizing that I am in charge of my own emotions. I decide what makes me sad. I decide what makes me angry. I decide what makes me happy. Therefore, I can choose NOT to be sad or angry or annoyed. "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it." That quote also helps me. :)

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You are definitely a talent for writing! I read some of the posts and I enjoyed every one. That's why I'm following your blog now! Hope to read a lot more posts from you:)
    And on Sunday, I'll post a hairstyle using the DIY hair bow! Would love if you came by (or follow back)? Have a nice day!:)

    http://crayonsandbeads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you!! I can't think of anything else to say but thank-you very much :)

      Delete
  5. So true. Love it!

    Lisa
    Become Blogger of the Week:
    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/p/blogger-of-week.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...