Thursday, 14 November 2013

When I grow up

I have been feeling very inspired recently, and so in the coming weeks be prepared for 3 inspirational/inspired posts! This week's post was inspired by life in general I guess, and it follows on from three of my previous posts; take a risk, take a chance, make a change, if you want to make the world a better place and now I'm free falling.


What do you want to be when you grow up? What do you want to do?
My immediate answer is that I don't know. But I have now realised that is not true. I do.

When I grow up, I want to fight injustice. I want to challenge prejudice. I want to change the world.
I want for there to be equal rights for all people, across the globe, whether gay or straight, black or white, man or woman. Everyone. And I want to help this happen.
I want to stop to wars and keep the peace. I want people to be paid fairly for their work. I want to help fight poverty.
I want to help educate the world, so we can understand how we are affecting our planet, and how we can improve.

I don't know how I am going to do this; by being a teacher, a writer, a doctor, a blogger, an activist, an artist (in the broadest sense of the word because I can't draw), a fair trade worker. All I know is that when I grow up I want to help change our world. Does that answer your question?


With each post I'm also going to add a song that I feel matches the writing!









(Disclaimer: this piece of writing is not meant to be politically correct, it is merely written to express a feeling)

6 comments:

  1. Very nice post Emma and great song choice as well - I haven't heard that one in a loooong time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I only recently rediscovered the song as well! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm the same Emma, I want to change the world for the good through words, writing, blogging or books. Just keep on trucking! Hope your exams went well xx

    Hayleigh
    www.after-the-vows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My exams are going ok, not halfway through yet unfortunately!
      We'll change the world from little old New Zealand. :)

      Delete
  3. Great inspirational post! I feel that positive thinking can only lead to greater things so positive actions must lead to something monumental!

    Oh Hey Kayspray! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! What a great way of thinking about it!

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...