Monday, 2 December 2013

Sunshine Award and end of exams!

First of all, my exams are finished!!!! No more school until February! This is sooooo exciting!!!! (ok, they actually finished on the 25th Nov, I just haven't mentioned it until now)

So now that I have that over with, I have been nominated twice (by Libby-Jade and Alia) for the Sunshine Award now, it is essentially a tag for spreading the love around blogs and acknowledging bloggers you think bring sunshine to the blogging world, which I think is a lovely idea.

The Rules:

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself

2. Answer 11 questions from the nominating blogger

3. Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers, that you feel bring sunshine to the blogging world. (Be sure to notify them)

4. Write 11 questions for your nominated bloggers
11 Random Facts:
1. I am left-handed.
2. Walking and dancing are the only forms of exercise I enjoy.
3. Although you probably already know, I live in New Zealand.
4. I love to write and to read.
5. I am a teeny bit obsessed with playing the piano. :)
6. I still struggle with holding my hair out of the way while brushing my teeth.
7. I have no clue what I want to do when I leave school, and next year is my last (yay for indecision!)
8. I am feeling a bit weird starting so many sentences with I.
9. I am super excited for summer!!
10. Although I am sad because it is raining and cold at the moment.
11. And I have no idea what is going on with the font sizes, so please forgive me.
Alia's questions:

1. What's your favourite movie?
Bright Star, it is sad, but so beautiful.
2. Do you have a special talent?
Nope, unless you count touching my nose with my tongue, which isn't particularly special.

3. What's your favourite colour?
Yellow, because it is such a happy colour.

4. How many languages do you speak?

One; English, but I did both French and German for 2 and a half years at school.
5. If a fantasy world was real, which one would you want to live in?

So hard! I can't pick, so instead I'm going to choose a fantasy world where people don't have wars to solve problems, and we can be harmonious and work together and be happy (with a bit of harry potter, doctor who etc. thrown in).
6. What's your favourite animal?

Dolphins. They are beautiful, and remind me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the same time. 
7. How would you describe your personal style?

No clue. Wait, I'll ask a friend… Apparently I'm quirky, really feminine and girly but not frilly.
8. Do you have any pets?

One cat and one dog.
9. What are some of your hobbies?
Other than reading all the time?
10. Television or movies?

I watch more television, because movies are harder to come by, so television.
11. Where were you born? 
In the same town where I live now, which is quite small (not for NZ, but for the rest of the world)

Libby-Jade's questions:
1)What's your favourite nail varnish?
The one I'm wearing now, Jaded, Top Speed from Revlon, because it is the first I've worn in years!
2)Favourite scented candle?
Don't have any unfortunately.
3) Favourite hot drink?
Hot chocolate
4) What's your favourite book?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
5) If you could get anything as a present, no matter what the price, what would it be? 
A trip to Paris!!!
6) Favourite lipstick (if you have one)?
Don't really have one.
7) One item of clothing that's your absolute favourite?
My orange lace dress from American Apparel.
8) Is there anything you're really looking forward to about next year/any events that you're looking forward too?
Christmas!!!
9) What's your favourite film?
Bright Star (hasn't changed since the first question!)
10) What is/was your favourite subject at school?
This year? A toss up between History and Chemistry.
11) If you could have ANY pet at all what would it be? (you can make one up or just go for a good ol dog)
A big dog (we have a small one) with a gentle temperament.
I am going to be super lazy and only nominate a few people, because I can't be bothered finding 11 bloggers, and it will be more genuine this way too. Anybody else who is reading this and wants to do it is welcome to do it too. :)
Jan @ Confessions of a Book Ninja
And that's it to be honest! Most of the people I would have nominated I already did for the Liebster Award.
Questions:
1. What is your favourite part of Christmas?
2. Do you enjoy writing in notebooks?
3. Can you play a musical instrument?
4. How many books have you read this year?
5. What is your favourite season?
6. Do you like banana flavoured things?
7. What is your favourite type of Christmas tree decoration?
8. Can you whistle and/or cartwheel?
9. Do you mostly blog from a laptop, desktop of other?
10. Where do you want to be right now?
11. Name a song(s) that you are enjoying at the moment.







ps. did you know that there is a spell check button? I only just realised, so I'm not sure how well it works.

5 comments:

  1. Well done on your sunshine award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It isn't really an award and I was only nominated, but thanks anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your nomination and thanks for mine! :-) I will get around to the post soon - I just need to think of my answers to your questions! Oh, and if you do get that trip to Paris if I've got my dream bookshop up and running by then, you can drop by for a coffee and a browse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to drop by your dream bookshop and browse, book shopping is one of my favourite things to do! :)

      Delete
  3. IM SORRY BUT I'VE TAGGED YOU IN ANOTHER TAG BC YOUR BLOG IS FAB its the confessions of a blogger on my blog here http://libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/confessions-of-blogger.html

    sorry if you've already done it!:)xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...