Monday, 10 March 2014

Time stands still

 photo moonwatermark2_zps4a3115d3.jpg

Story #1
The moon was so beautiful that night, I couldn't not take a picture. I am taking a picture every day this year, and because I am forgetful I usually remember late at night. This was the perfect picture for that day. I had to zoom in, otherwise the moon was just a dot being swallowed by the blackness. The moon isn't actually all that big, but it always seems to me that in movies it is huge!

Story #2
The moon feels like me at the moment. Orbiting the earth but never getting any closer, in fact moving further away. Out in the cold.
I am a night-time person at the moment. I find the moonlight is always so much more revealing, it shows me how I really feel, strips away the pretences and shields. The night has that beautiful loneliness that only knows other lonely souls. But I am not lonely, more like empty, waiting for the day to come. The sky will begin to lighten soon I'm sure, but at first it can be hard to tell, as it lightens so slowly, so imperceptibly. In comparison the sunrise is blinding in it's fleetness.

Story #3
Have you seen the man on the moon? Probably not. Contrary to popular belief, he isn't big enough that you can see him from the earth. He is actually just a normal guy who happens to be immortal and lives on the moon. You might have seen a picture of him though. See those craters on the moon that look like a man? You probably thought those were formed randomly by comets and asteroids and other space debris, well, he wants you to think that. He actually carved a portrait of himself into the moon. And see the lady he is dancing with? That's his wife. He and his wife spent 1000 years doing that portrait for us, to remind us whenever we look at the moon that "when you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy every step along the way."

This is a part of the One Picture, Three Stories link-up, where you share a picture and tell three stories about it, trying to uncover the layers in the picture. Quote from Wayne Dyer.
 photo emma2_zps6817450c.png






Ps. can you see the dancers? They're tipped on an angle with their heads in the northwest.

14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful picture and I love the idea of unpacking your photography through multiple stories. I might give it a go actually. I just have to find the right photo and experience to share :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a go! I really enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
    2. Definitely giving this a go too! what a wonderful project

      Delete
  2. you've captured the moon perfectly with this photo & your stories & thoughts. I'm not a night person but I have the same thoughts. there's a very strange feeling when you're awake and everyone's asleep and you look outside at the sky and everything is just so serene. seeing the moon is like that for me.

    I like the idea there really is a man dancing on the moon with his wife. & the quote is great.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissa! I agree completely with what you say about the night, there really is something about being awake when everyone else is asleep.

      Delete
  3. Loved the picture and story#3. Nights have always been more creative for me too... with rest of the world asleep, thoughts flow unhinged, unobstructed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Emma, you are an amazing writer! I have featured your post at Pea Soup - A New Zealand Blogging Community.

    Hayleigh xx
    www.peasoupnz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayleigh! So excited to see even more people are joining :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for joining the One Picture, Three Stories linkup! I love your photo and stories so much! X Jane http://janeheinrichs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, it's such a great idea for a link-up! :)

      Delete
  6. A beautiful picture of the moon, and a wonderful image of the moonman and his wife dancing for us. Will give me good dreams tonight I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thought! Thank-you, this made me smile :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...