Wednesday, 28 May 2014

The Great Unknown - Sinead


What subjects did you take in your last year of school? What were your favourite subjects?
In my last year of school I studied English, Maths, Irish, French, Art, Biology and Geography. So there was a pretty good variety. It’s really hard to pick a favourite subject, there’s things about them all that I liked! I just generally liked learning. But if I had to pick I would say Geography. I found it really interesting and it felt like what I was learning was really relevant and important to know. It’s always good to know how everything that makes up this world works and how the people in it function.

What did you do in your first year after leaving school?
I went straight to university! I definitely did not want to take a year out. I just wanted to go to university right away and not waste any time. I’m really glad I did that because I think I might have got lazy if I took a year out haha.

Did you do any tertiary education? If so, what was it?
I did a bachelors of Arts. In the first year I took English, Geography, History and Social & Political studies. I chose to continue on with English and Geography for the second and third year. So I got my undergrad degree in English and Geography last year! yay! Then, last September I started my Post-Grad. I did my Professional Diploma in Education aka secondary school teaching. So since September my life has pretty much been consumed by that. Throughout the year I did 16 weeks of teaching practise and 15 weeks in Uni.
This interview is at the perfect time because I’m literally just finished this course today. My last every assignment is due tonight, then I will no longer be a student - crazy!

If you have had more than one job since you left school, what were they?
I’ve only had one job since I left school. I used to work in a clothing store in the summers between uni. It was great to save up during the summer and have something to do.

What job are you doing at the moment and what does it entail? Do you enjoy it?
I’m not working at the moment! Uni has been so demanding, I wouldn’t possibly have been able to work as well haha. I’m planning on doing up a CV now though and go looking for a summer job so keep your fingers crossed for me!

What job do you want to be doing at the moment?
Right now, for the summer, I would take anything! Waitressing, shop assistant, anything haha. But I’m also looking for a teaching job for September, I hope to get a couple of hours at least so obviously that is the main priority job-wise :)

Do you have any regrets? Or any advice?
Now, on my last day of being a student ever I have been reflecting. I must admit I do have some regrets about how I spent my time in uni. I really wish I did more stuff, got more involved, joined more societies, had more fun and just truly lived the real college experience. I feel kind of sad that I might have missed out on some stuff but there’s no point dwelling on it. I’m really looking forward to the next chapter in my book. I’m still only 21 so I  have plenty of time for fun and travelling ahead.

Thanks for a wonderful interview Sinead! Sinead was actually kind enough to let me do a guest post on her blog today, so click on over to see that!! :)
Just a little side note, it is pretty awesome to have Sinead here on my blog, because she was one of the first people to comment on my blog, what is now nearly a year ago! How things come in circles.
I would love to interview more of you guys, please, if you're interested, leave a comment below or email me at emmamcil55(at)gmail(dot)com. :)



11 comments:

  1. Another great post! Sinead is so beautiful!

    Congratulations on finishing your study! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me that most of the bloggers you've interviewed so far Emma went straight to Uni! Common denominator? :) Hi Sinead! Your name sounds so interesting. I haven't heard of anyone with that same name. I love it. As usual another great post Emma. More to come hopefully. :D

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! It's very common here in Ireland so I'm not used to people finding it unique 😊 it's pronounced Shin-aid in case you're wondering 😊 I feel like it sounds like a very weird name to people who aren't used to it! xxx

      Delete
    2. Yeah I've visited your blog and saw it on your about page. Turns out I think I pronounce it wrong. Nonetheless it's still a lovely name. You are very pretty Sinead. Congrats about uni! :)

      Delete
    3. Anne, it is interesting that everyone so far has gone straight to uni, I thought more people would have taken a gap year! And Sinead, I definitely have a tendency to pronounce your name wrong, I always find the pronunciation of Irish names quite surprising!

      Delete
  3. Meg is right, she is beautiful!

    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! Especially for your post :)

      Delete
  4. Loved this Emma! Sinead is beautiful!
    Also, i've tried a new tag/game over on my blog & tagged you if you'd like to give it a go!
    Here's the link: http://www.itsleli.com/2014/05/how-it-all-started-writing.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leah! I'm super keen to give it a go, thanks for tagging me :)

      Delete
  5. Another great post from my favourite series! Sinead is such a cute name.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...