Saturday, 5 July 2014

I've missed this

Hello again.
same picture, I know, but I like it, so I decided, why not? :)

So, I have missed this. A lot. But I have not had time for it and so I am pleased that I had a break.
Guys, I have been in a theatre production of Next to Normal, and it is simply the most incredible show. It is a musical, and it is the most powerful one I have ever seen or been a part of. It's not your average jazz hands musical, this is raw, and powerful, and emotional. It won a Pulitzer Prize for being the first musical to deal with mental illness. The music and the script are incredible, (seriously, if you ever get the chance to see it, do, you won't regret it) and I have been lucky enough to put the show on with the most amazing people. I have made some amazing friends doing this, and I just feel so lucky. Because I have always been one of those people who has not that many, like one or two really close friends, and then a couple of other people that I know well. But now I have my friends from school, and my awesome blogging friends, and now my friends from theatre, who just make me laugh, and laugh, and we have the best times. :) Especially one person I didn't know that well before the show, and now we are good buddies, and I am so pleased that I got to know him.
But anyway, sorry for rambling a wee bit. It's after one of our shows at the moment and I'm just feeling pretty good, plus it's the first day of the holidays. I will be returning to normal blogging now, with a great unknown post on wednesdays and another post in the weekend. I've missed you guys!!! I'm excited for the rest of this year, especially seen as I think I am getting closer to knowing what I want to do next year, which you will know if you have been reading my blog for a while that that is something I have been struggling with and why I started my great unknown series. But I will talk about next year in another post, which will finish off the great unknown series. :)
Now you're all caught up, and I think it's bedtime for me. (So glad to be back!)

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Emma! I've missed your posts. I'm excited to hear more about what transpired in the last month. You sound so happy and really upbeat. You do look like you've gotten a boost of some sort. I'm so happy for you!!! *sending my cyber hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne!! *sending cyber hugs in return* :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back here Emma!

    Happy to hear that everything's chugging along just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jes! Everything is so great :)

      Delete
  3. Emma Emma Emma! I was so happy to see this post!
    I am so happy to hear that the musical went well and that you made friends!
    And I'd love to hear about what you've been thinking you might do next year, is it along the lines of our chats at dinner when you visited? :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all missed you Emma :)
    Sounds like you had a great time in the musical, they are so much fun! well done for taking part :) Excited to see what's to come on your blog!
    Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sinead, I'm excited for my blog now to, I'm getting back into the groove, slowly but surely :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...