Tuesday, 15 July 2014

On time

Time is a funny thing. The harder you try to grasp it, the quicker it slips through your fingers. And the more you want to slow down, the faster it passes. Just when you finally have a good moment, it decides to get away on you.
It is a cold, impatient thing, time.
Like a wheel loose from a car going down a steep hill, it careens on through, taking no care for those it bumps on the way.
And yet, we never seem to get enough of it.
The hot commodity that everyone wants. Imagine if you could buy time.
But then again, I suppose you can. In a roundabout way.
It is so relative though. We think that it can be measured, that all minutes are made of sixty seconds, and that all hours are made of sixty minutes. Isn't the minute that you got exciting news in different to the length of a minute where you met a new friend, or said goodbye to an old one? No minute is the same.
Time is just not quite as simple as we would like it to be.

10 comments:

  1. Wow. I love this post Emma! It's really short but it was thought provoking nonetheless.

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, that was exactly how I felt about it and wanted it to be :)

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness. that first paragraph is pure truth. wow. wonderful writing. i've often thought a lot about this thing we call time as i get older. isn't it puzzling?
    -Abigail
    P.S. i'd love to be a part of your series. thank you so much for considering me.. i'm sorry for the inconvenience regarding my e-mail. it is thesunsetproject2014 {at} gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you Abigail, that means a lot. I'm just going to email you now :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post Emma. Your writing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, I love this.
    So deep and such great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. It's the truth and your prose is almost like a poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I find it hard to categorise exactly what style I write in. :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...