Monday, 11 August 2014

Monday's thoughts

I love spending time around people who make me feel good about myself.

I know that seems like an obvious statement, but sometimes I think I need to remind myself of it. We have this inability to see what is right in front of us, because we are flawed, and we over complicate things.
And we always say, do things that make you feel happy. Only keep people around you who make you happy. But yet, we get caught up in our daily lives, and we see details rather than pictures, and we see things in shades of grey rather than black and white.
And so we spend time around people that don't always make us feel great, or we do something that just makes us feel average. Because we see the good sides to those people who might be a bit mean, and we remember a time when the thing that makes us feel average made us feel good.

But gosh, there are some wonderful people out there. People that literally lift you off your feet when you see them, people that you dance randomly around the room with to your own song, and people that you laugh with till you cry. People that believe in you, and who make you feel like you could achieve anything you set your mind to.

And there are some wonderful things too. Often you don't realise how good they are, or remember how good they are, till you do them. I had forgotten how good blogging feels until I posted on Saturday, how it makes me feel like a rounded human being and makes me smile a little smile every time I read a comment or remember about my blog at other times during the day. It is an achievement that is solely mine. Exercise (I know, we are people of the Internet, what is this exercise I speak of), but seriously guys, when you most don't feel like going for a walk or dancing (or whatever your chosen form of exercise is), that's probably when you need it most. And it feels so good after. And you remember why you do it. Until the next time, when you promptly forget.






ps. I am sorry that this doesn't link nicely back to the beginning, but it is thoughts, and thoughts don't usually link back to the beginning, in fact, usually you can't remember where they started. :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Emma. Every word is so true.

    There really are some wonderful people out there, and when you find them, it is so important to hold onto them because they're the true people you need in your life.

    This made me reflect on my own life a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we need to hold onto these people, and give them big hugs and remind them how awesome they are all the time!! :) so allow me to give you a big hug Jes :D

      Delete
  2. This is great Emma! I've always enjoyed these kinds so posts from you. Short and deep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I think they are certainly my favourite ones to write. :)

      Delete
  3. writing is therapy and so I think by writing these feelings out, it is a form of exercise and that it is good for you, mind you, not cathartic but certainly helps to say it.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is indeed a sort of therapy Lissa, it feels so nice to write out these thoughts that I might not otherwise say. :)

      Delete
  4. This made me smile haha :) Especially the ps.
    Wise Emma is wise, be my yogi? :P

    But very true! We often put up with people who aren't good to us because we are good in ourselves, and we get lost in shades of grey, which isn't always a bad thing but something to be cautious of!
    Love you Emma! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it weird that I'm so happy the ps. made you smile? It's just that sometimes when I put in a ps. I feel like no one reads it! :)

      Delete
  5. You do not understand how much I agree with everything you have just said!! I strongly believe in this and strongly understand how hard it can be to put it into action, but it's so true and I think everyone needs to think a little more like this. Great post!

    diariesofe.blogspot.com (please feel free to follow + join through google!) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...