Wednesday, 27 August 2014

The Great Unknown - Jessi


What subjects did you take in your last year of school? What were your favourite subjects?
My last year of school, I mostly took classes within my major and minor.  I took a bunch of Bible, Youth Ministry, and Global Studies classes. My senior year of college was probably my favorite because I got to study the things that I am passionate about. I really enjoyed my Hermeneutics class, which was where we learned how to interpret the Bible. I also really liked a Global Studies class that I had where we learned how to communicate more effectively with people from different cultures than our own home culture.  


What did you do in your first year after leaving school?
I am currently in that year as we speak. I am in the process of getting a job right now. I actually have almost finished interviewing and with two offers already on the table, it looks like I will have to choose between which job I want. I am living in the city where I went to college because I just grew so fond of the city, my church, and all the amazing people. If I get a job with my college, I will probably go to grad school, but if not then I am planning only living here for a year or two years tops.  


Did you do any tertiary education? If so, what was it?
Not at the moment, but either way I will go to grad school in some way or other. I want to start the process to get certified in TESOL in the very near future.


If you have had more than one job since you left school, what were they?
I worked at a camp this past summer as a camp counsellor and it was absolutely amazing. It was also my internship, which finished up my undergraduate degree. I loved my co-workers, working with kids, and being active and outside all the time. And as I said before, I’m in the process of figuring out what the next job for me will be.  


What job are you doing at the moment and what does it entail? Do you enjoy it?
Well, I am going to be nannying for the next week and a half until my next job starts, whichever one that may be.  I’m really excited because they kids I will be watching are super fun and cute and I get to take them to do a lot of fun things around town since it’s their last couple weeks of summer vacation.  


What job do you want to be doing at the moment?
In my perfect little world, I would be somewhere in Asia right now teaching English to small children. I know this is what I will be doing someday, but for now I have resolved to make the most of where I am at the moment, and not lose the present by anticipating the future.  


Do you have any regrets? Or any advice?
I don’t have any regrets at this point, but if you ask me down the road a couple years, there could definitely be some then. I would say that you should sometimes be responsible before you follow your dreams. That is what I am having to do right now in paying off my loans before I head overseas in a few years. Then, when I am living it up on the other side of the globe, I don’t have to carry that burden around with me, and I am more free to grow and learn while I am there.  


Thanks so much for being on my blog Jessi!!! This was so interesting, but it did highlight a few differences between the USA and NZ, because I didn't know what some of the things were, like grad school!!

I just got back from a national choir competition, which is why I wasn't on the blog last week, but more about that this weekend. :)
Love you guys

4 comments:

  1. It's back! My favourite series! and also Jessi <3
    She is so gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's been a while Emma. I loved it. As always this series is awesome. Jessi is so pretty. I actually really like her style. Simple but beautiful. Congrats on the choir Emma! I hope you could email me photos again. The last ones got me really excited. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I really like her style too, I was so pleased to have her on my blog :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...