Sunday, 14 September 2014

Morning tea, macarons and mischief

Last weekend I met up with my dear friend, Laura, who I haven't been able to see much of recently, and sat in the sweetest little cafe and chatted.
How beautiful is she? :)


We recently got a new camera lens, and so I was so excited to try it out! It's a 35mm lens, and I think I'm in love. It is so very wonderful, if any of you are wondering whether you should get one, GET ONE!!! Downside is you might not stop taking photos, ever, ... but they'll all be beautiful, so who cares?!

We had a macaron and a hot chocolate each, and talked about all sorts of things. It was so lovely.
The cafe is in a little art gallery (don't art galleries always seem to have nice cafes?!) and so we had a little nosey afterwards as well. :)


As I was taking photos I could feel the funny looks, but in the name of all bloggers I continued. It's good to get my small town used to people having cameras, and using them. :)

Laura had a great time taking pictures too, the one in which you could see my shoulder is one she took. She actually took lots, but I was in most of them, and unfortunately I'm just not that confident about my face. I'm working on it, but for the moment I'm just not comfortable with putting up pictures where I was having a bad skin day, even though I believe that everyone of my friends is beautiful no matter what their skin looks like.

And there we have the double standards that I'm pretty sure most people put on themselves.
I hope you've all had a lovely week, I'm in the middle of mock exams right now, yay!



20 comments:

  1. Emma! You have really mastered that camera of yours! It takes some awesome shots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Meg! That really means a lot :) (it's so much fun with the new lens!)

      Delete
  2. Amazing photographs and great work with your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Emma! I really like that one looking out of the window with flowers and colored pencils on a jar. Good job and I'm looking forward to more pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Anne! Now all I have to do is go out and take some more. :)

      Delete
  4. That little nifty camera can do so much. I love it. You should definitely keep on taking photographs in your town and gain confidence because I would definitely love to see some more. :)

    And I am sure you look beautiful regardless, Emma. Let us see that beautiful face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are too sweet Jes. And I will be sure to do just that. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos! And yes, you are beautiful no matter what you feel that you look like on any day. A day that you are alive and breathing and living and loving and creating makes you beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what an eloquent and beautiful way of putting it. Thank-you :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a cozy place for hanging out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, it is such a groovy little place. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow Emma, these shots are AMAZING! I love how a lot of them are kind of abstract or purposely out of focus. Such interesting shots, we're really seeing things through your eyes. Your friend is lovely and i know exactly what you mean by getting stairs when taking pictures.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Abigail! Yes, I guess I like the look of things being out of focus because that is how I see things without my glasses. :)

      Delete
  8. Ahh Emma, these photos are absolutely amazing. I love all the tones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! The tones are possibly due the the editing afterwards, but that cafe does have some amazing colours in it. :)

      Delete
  9. Love these photos! that place is so cute, I love the lights & flowers :) I also love your new blog design so much! x

    Sinead - sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sinead! I'm very happy with my new blog design I have to say, but also, your new blog design is very cool as well! :)

      Delete
  10. What a cosy little cafe. I have to say, that decor is exquisite too - your new lens captures its details nicely! There's a cafe much like this one in a town I live near in, and I adore how an art gallery is joined to it. As for photos of yourself, I can relate exactly. It's something we can both warm up to, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decor in there is pretty amazing, and another cool thing about this building that you can't tell from the pictures is that it is one of those buildings that ends in a point, a bit like a pizza slice, which I really like. Yes! We should challenge ourselves to get more comfortable with posting pictures of ourselves, yes?! :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...