Wednesday, 1 October 2014

The Great Unknown - Rajrupa


What subjects did you take in your last year of school? What were your favourite subjects?
I had taken up all science subjects because I was aiming to study computers later. So I had Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computers.

What did you do in your first year after leaving school?
Well, within three months of leaving high school, college started! The next 4 years were gone studying Computer Engineering. During the third year we had a campus recruitment drive. Got a job then. Within two months of finishing college my company wanted me to join the job! So I did. My life is one long line with no break at all.

Did you do any tertiary education? If so, what was it?
Well, computers.

If you have had more than one job since you left school, what were they?
The one job I have is enough to drive me insane. I work 50-60 hours a week at least . So no, there’s no scope or will for another.

What job are you doing at the moment and what does it entail? Do you enjoy it?
The same job since I left college. Designing and writing computer programs! It’s gruelling, but yes I love it.

What job do you want to be doing at the moment?
I want to be living in an island of coconut grove in a small wooden cabin. I would sip coconut water while writing the next book of my hugely successful book series. That’s my ultimate dream job.

Do you have any regrets? Or any advice?
The only regret I sometime have (not always though) is - if only I had taken a break before college and travelled more. I love knowing people and seeing new places and it would have been a perfect opportunity!

Thanks Rajrupa! This was a very short and sweet interview, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's amazing how every blogger has such a different story. :)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome Rajrupa, it was a pleasure having you :)

      Delete
  2. So interesting!! I love her ultimate dream job...that sounds so perfect.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and sweet, yet informative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing women out there being successful in whatever they choose!
    I hope Rajrupa gets to do the travelling she wanted to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. most people are the same - going from high school to college and then a job - I did the samet hing. there are pressure sometimes to keep going but as Rajrupa says, it would be nice to take time off to really assess the whole thing, if you get a chance, you really should.

    great interview. hope you all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I traveled more before starting uni too. But you could always travel when you're older too :')

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...