Sunday, 30 November 2014

DIY Advent Calendar - Part 2

Hello again :)

In the first part of this advent calendar tutorial, I showed you how to make an advent calendar, so this part is going to be about what to put in your advent calendar.

This is primarily based off an advent calendar I made two years ago for a friend of mine, Laura (I know she'll read this and get excited about seeing her name, so here you are Laura), which is what is in the picture. It was really fun to make, and I think it makes a really special Christmas present if you have the time.


Things to put in an Advent Calendar:

Things you can buy;

  • Lollies and chocolates (just getting the obvious one out of the way first)
  • Pencils
  • Tealight candles (or bigger ones depending on the size of your calendar)
  • Scrunchies/hairties
  • Christmas decorations

Things you can make;

  • Pompoms
  • Cookies (stain-glass ones are fun for Christmas)
  • Origami pixie books ;)
  • Pressed flowers
  • A fortune teller ;)
  • Handmade Christmas decorations
  • Print out sheet music to a song they like and doodle on it and make it awesome! :)
  • Print out a recipe to food they really like, or copy a recipe of yours that they love to eat when they come around

Things you can write;

  • A coded message with the decoder
  • Inspirational quotes (making them relevant to the person is a good idea) :)
  • Translate a message into another language that they know a little or a lot of
  • Write down 10 things you love about them (this would be awesome just to do the whole calendar like this actually)
  • A letter/stream of consciousness

There you go then. I know it's quite close to the 1st, but I figure that you can bookmark this for coming years, and also, nearly the whole rest of the world is behind my time-zone, so it isn't quite as close to the 1st for you as it is for me. :)

I hope you had a good November!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I was as creative as you. You have some amazing ideas for advent calendars. I think I may to take some into consideration next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally as creative Jes!! You just have to not be boxed in by traditional ideas. :)

      Delete
  2. Great ideas! I love the thought of tealight candles or inspirational quotes (definitely up my alley) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are so many different things you can put in advent calendars, get creative! :)

      Delete
  3. So like, since when were you really good at making pretty things? I feel like I should have known this lol. I wish you could teach me, but I feel like I cannot be taught at this late stage, I will stick with my stick figures and watch in amazement as you make cool things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh a lot Meg :) I think my crafty side blossomed from boredom as a child, when I ran out of books. ;)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...