Saturday, 4 April 2015

In between the lines of March

Salutations!

March has been a month of everything for me. I began university, which has been amazing. I have made so many new friends, and I have learned so much. 

I just arrived home a couple of days ago, and it is a strange feeling. I feel torn between two worlds now, the new one that I have created for myself, and the old one that feels so familiar and safe.

Anyway, here is my new world;




1st March
This is from the day we took a walk along to Oriental Bay where they bring sand to because there are no sandy beaches near Wellington. I got my jeans soaking wet from the knee down because I may have been a bit excited by the waves, and sand all through my nice shoes, which still hasn't entirely gone.










2nd March
This is the first book I had to read for my course, and my diary full of all of the other work I had to do. This picture was me realising the difference between high school and university: at high school they give you a couple of terms to read the one book you study that year, at uni you have to read the first of many in the first week.











9th March
My fairy lights, to make my room feel more like home. I finally got around to putting them up after a couple of weeks and they really helped.
















10th March
One of the good days. Let's just say that the weather in Wellington is a bit colder than where I grew up.














13th March
This was honestly one of the best nights this month.















13th March
Two friends and I went to the night markets, and the incredible bookshop in the previous picture, and just had a really, really nice night out.














19th March
This is the amazing care package my mum sent me. Sometimes you just need an easter egg to help you forget the hall food you had for dinner!














31st March
This was at the end of an evening where five of us went out for a lovely dinner, and took the cable car back up the hill, where we stopped and looked out over the city. What you can't see in this picture is the wind. :)






11 comments:

  1. I hope University has been treating you well and I hope you have been enjoying it nevertheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been treating me very well, thank-you Jes. :)

      Delete
  2. This was an awesome Instagram wrap up Em! I wish you well for uni and I'm glad that you're having some new experiences for yourself! Night markets and bookshops with friends is indeed amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! The night markets and bookshops were the best. :)

      Delete
  3. love the photos c:



    www.asianelaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! I am so happy that you are doing fun things and enjoying a new city :) I miss you but I am happy you are doing real life things :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing so many real life things, it's insane! But I do miss this.

      Delete
  5. March looks brilliant. And I hope your April's surely been the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fantastic March! Love the lay out of this post!!
    Bella x
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...