Tuesday, 2 June 2015

In between the lines of April and May {part 1}

Salutations!

So, it is nearly the end of the semester now. I'm sorry I didn't do a post at the end of April, I was just so busy with university.

But the first semester is nearly over, which is a really bizarre feeling, to be honest. Just one more week of lectures left!
I have really settled into university life now, everything and everyone here feels like a second home.







5th April
Easter!!! Fun fact about that Easter egg, I didn't actually eat it until halfway through this semester. Yes, I am one of those people that somehow manages to save chocolate.













9th April
Writing my short essay for Theatre. It was a bit of a learning curve to have assignments during the break, but as they tell us, it is a break for study, not a break from study!











16th April
This was the night I saw the local production of Hairspray back home, which was amazing. But at the same time it was nostalgic because  all of my friends were onstage, but I wasn't with them. There is something about the adrenaline of doing a show that makes it hard to sit in the audience when you feel as if you could be onstage.











19th April
I helped out with the make-up for the aforementioned Hairspray, because I couldn't not be at least backstage. And this is the adorable award and chocolates I was given for doing so.













22nd April
This was the night we went and saw Singing in the Rain in Wellington (can you tell I like musical theatre?). It was one of the most incredible performances I have seen, even apart from the fact that it actually rained onstage, which they use around 12,000 litres of water to achieve!









25th April
We visited the National War Memorial for ANZAC day, where they were projecting a light show in remembrance. For those of you not in Australia or New Zealand, it was the 100 year anniversary of Gallipoli this year, and so it was an especially significant day.









April was a pretty incredible month really, most of it I spent at home, which was lovely and relaxing. I was definitely excited to come back to university though, there is an amazing atmosphere here, and there is always something happening.

I hope you have all been well,





PS. I have decided to put May in a separate post and publish it tomorrow, because otherwise this post would be a novel!!!






5 comments:

  1. it sounds like lots of good things happened. not a big fan of musicals but seeing live shows is always a treat.

    hope you have a lovely june.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simple, lovely, memory full shots. Pieces of a life well lived, timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your love for theatre is so admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!!! That's insane! It really is such a small world :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...