Sunday, 16 August 2015

Home (day 6)



At midnight I dance down an empty corridor, alone yet surrounded by people.
I leap and spin, balancing precariously but never quite falling.

I reach the end of the corridor, floor to ceiling glass. I stand on tip-toe, nose pressed against the glass, daring it to give way.

Outside the city is alive and pulsing, a great vastness spread out beneath my feet. The specks of light go in and out of focus to my tired eyes, and I sit down cross-legged in front of this world.

My reflection is also in the glass, overlayed onto the city. I am a part of this world. I am in the great unknown.

Here and now.

This is what comes after.

Laughing so hard my belly hurts, sneaking around the hall with friends in the darkness. When it seems like the vastness might just swallow me up, holding someone's hand at 4 am so we can pull through together. Weird inside jokes that make me feel a part of something.

I gaze out, a small dot of darkness in one of many windows, in one of many buildings. I am far above the city, and yet I feel that if the glass weren't there, I could just reach out and touch it.

My new home.


1 comment:

  1. It makes me so happy to read this and get a sense of you and how you are growing and what you are loving.

    Miss you Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...